Tuesday, June 30, 2009

new hope academy

Ever since i came upon the attachment scene i have wanted to work at a school for children with reactive attachment disorder called New Hope Academy. It is run by an excellent woman named Kasey Harmer. While i waited for a position at the school i worked full time as a respite provider for families with children with R.A.D.. Recently i discovered that I finally have the opportunity to work at this school. I am really enjoying it. It is really nice to work with a variety of R.A.D. children and all of their tricks, games, and difficulties. I do not function well in chaos, mostly due to my anxiety, so working in this nicely structured and organized environment is going to be swell. Especially since i was getting pretty darn burnt out with doing straight respite full time in a somewhat chaotic environment. Its been really neat to work along with my father also.

1 comment: